AALRR has been deeply involved in student services and disabilities issues, legislation, and laws for over three decades. Our student services and disabilities law services include representing school districts, SELPAs, charter schools, and county offices of education in federal and state court litigation and special education due process hearings, mediations, IEP team meetings, onsite investigations by the California Department of Education and the Office for Civil Rights, state compliance laws, court proceedings, and student discipline hearings. Other areas of expertise include: Section 504, and ADA, and IDEA.
Section 504 and ADA Procedures Manual
AALRR has published a Section 504 and ADA Procedures Manual. The purpose of the manual is to provide schools with a comprehensive, step by step framework by which to identify, evaluate, and provide support to students with disabilities under Section 504 and the ADA.
For more information on purchasing the Manual, please click here.
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Higher Education Complimentary Webinar | Adjusting to the New Normal: Forging Ahead to Implement Policies and Procedures to Support Student Learning in a Post COVID-19 WorldAt Your Desk, SPRING 2021
- At Your Desk, SPRING 2021
- Virtual, 05.19.2021
Alerts & Articles
- CIF Northern Section Decides Not To Postpone Football and Other Fall Sports And Will Proceed As Usual Pending County Health Officials’ Approval07.21.2020
- Districts Should Consider Residential Placement Needs for Students in Out-of-Home Settings Initiated by Child Welfare Agencies01.31.2019
- Specialized Instruction and Services for a General Education Student May Amount to Eligibility for Special Education and Related Services, 09.22.2016
- Is Your Website ADA-Compliant? Web Accessibility Lawsuits May Soon Be On the Rise as California High Courts Expand the Reach of the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Unruh Civil Rights ActEdLawConnect Blog, 09.24.2019
- EdLawConnect Blog, 04.22.2019
- EdLawConnect Blog, 12.14.2018
- EdLawConnect Blog, 09.21.2018
Each month, AALRR presents a case study that reviews recent OAH decisions in an informative and interactive format. Below, please find the case name and corresponding link to the given month’s case study. Our interactive format allows you to review the relevant facts and issue(s) before the judge, and leaves you to “make the call” as to what you think the judge decided. You can then navigate your way to the correct outcome and explanation, as well as review practice tips and takeaways. Should you have any questions about any of the cases, the decisions, or their impact on your district, please contact any of our Student Services and Disabilities Law Practice Group attorneys.
These AALRR Case Studies are intended for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon in reaching a conclusion in a particular area of law. Applicability of the legal principles presented may differ substantially in individual situations. Receipt of this or any other AALRR presentation/publication does not create an attorney-client relationship. The OAH decisions being presented are reflective of the status of the case upon first publication and are not indicative of any appeal process or subsequent ruling overturning any part of OAH’s decision. This Firm is not responsible for inadvertent errors that may occur in the publishing process.
CLICK HERE for April Case Study - Part 1. Use your keyboard arrows to navigate.
CLICK HERE for April Case Study - Part 2. Use your keyboard arrows to navigate.
CLICK HERE for March Case Study. Use your keyboard arrows to navigate.
- Ernest Bell
- Rebecca Buchsbaum
- Elizabeth Estes
- Deborah Ettinger
- Jennifer Fain
- Danielle Gigli
- Karen Gilyard
- Carlos Gonzalez
- Christine Huntoon
- Sundee Johnson
- Denise Lee
- Kathryn Meola
- Alefia Mithaiwala
- Kristin Myers
- Adam Newman
- Adrienne Nichelini
- Eileen Nucho
- Gabrielle Ortiz
- Elizabeth Rho-Ng
- Kimberly Schulist
- Justin Shinnefield
- Lindsey Steinholt
- Constance Taylor
- Ashley Turner
- Michael Turner
- Marlon Wadlington
- Ronald Wenkart
- Jabari Willis
- Sara Young