Our attorneys represent clients in both the public and private sectors in navigating the complex rules and regulations surrounding federal and state statutes designed to maintain and manage California’s environmental landscape, including the NEPA, CEQA, the Endangered Species Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the California Coastal Act, and others. When it comes to CEQA, we know that challenges can delay or derail projects, so our team places particular emphasis on proactive compliance. We help our clients defuse and eliminate potential challenges through early planning and involvement—but have both extensive experience and a track record of success in both defending and prosecuting challenges should they arise.
In California, environmental law and land use regulation are now one and the same. AALRR brings decades of experience to helping property developers comply with a myriad of special environmental, zoning, subdivision, and planning laws. This includes issues dealing with coastal zones, wetlands, and hazardous waste cleanup.
Environmental challenges are growing every year, and AALRR has the depth of experience to handle the most complex issues related to the field. Our attorneys have advised numerous public agencies on compliance measures for NEPA and CEQA, including preparation and certification/adoption of EIRs and mitigated negative declarations. The firm regularly works with federal and state agencies charged with environmental oversight and enforcement, including the EPA, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Fisheries Service, California Department of Toxic Substances Control (“DTSC”), Department of Water Resources, and the State and Regional Water Boards. As an example, AALRR is currently negotiating a complex Multispecies Habitat Conservation Plan with NOAA and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, as well as a variety of state agencies with oversight authority.
Serving water districts, sanitation districts, municipalities, private business and development, agriculture and many more, AALRR provides strategic advice on a broad range of environmental issues. These include water and air quality issues, Endangered Species Act compliance, NEPA and CEQA compliance, federal and state Superfund and site remediation matters, Brownfields re-development, greenhouse gas management, sustainable development, environmental disclosure and due diligence, and many others. We look forward to supporting you and your organization’s needs.
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts, 03.25.2021
- At Your Desk, SPRING/SUMMER 2020
Alerts & Articles
- California Supreme Court Allows Proposition 218 Challenge Without The Challenger Attending The Local Agency’s Rate Increase Hearing06.11.2019
- The Evolving And Expanding Landscape Of California’s Design-Build Project Delivery Method In The Public Works Arena05.24.2019
- Governor Brown Ends His Last Legislative Session Signing Several #MeToo Movement Bills and Penning Last Minute Vetoes10.18.2018
- California Propels the #Metoo Movement Forward Passing Laws Protecting Victims/Employers From Defamation07.18.2018
- Business Law Journal, 03.06.2020
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 11.19.2018
- Following Dynamex, California Court of Appeal Applies Stringent ABC Test to Wage Order Claims and Confirms Borello Still Applies to Non-Wage Order ClaimsLabor & Employment Law Blog, 10.29.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 08.29.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 08.24.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 07.25.2018
- Federal Court Strikes Down Portions of AB 450 that Limited California Employers’ Ability to Cooperate with ICE InspectionsLabor & Employment Law Blog, 07.16.2018
- Employer’s Policy of Rounding Employee Hours to Nearest Quarter Approved by California Court of AppealLabor & Employment Law Blog, 07.05.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 06.28.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 03.30.2018
- Business Law Journal, 03.13.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 03.13.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 02.15.2018