Water is both our most precious resource and one of the most complex resources to regulate. As water becomes increasingly scarce in the region, government agencies have sought to address the impending issue through a multitude of laws, rules, and regulations governing water use, diversion, and management. California water law can be a difficult field to navigate, but our attorneys have a broad depth of experience and subject-matter expertise that they bring to the table in every case.
Our attorneys represent both public and private clients in civil actions involving water rights and supply, state water contracts, and environmental natural resources. We help clients manage guidelines pertaining to Proposition 1 and the California Sustainable Groundwater Management Act, SB 610 and 221, contractual entitlements, reclamation law, and water transfers. In addition, we represent our clients before a number of state and federal regulatory agencies, including the Regional Water Quality Control Boards and the State Water Resources Control Board.
Alerts & Articles
- California Water Law & Policy Reporter, 07.03.2019
- California State Water Board Adopts ‘State Wetland Definition’ and ‘Procedures for Dischargers of Dredge or Fill Material’California Water Law & Policy Reporter, 05.13.2019
- California Water Law & Policy Reporter, 09.16.2018
- California Water Law & Policy Reporter, 03.01.2018
- How Department of the Interior Modification of Gold Butte National Monument In Nevada Implicates Water RightsCalifornia Water Law & Policy Reporter, 01.09.2018