The laws governing leaves of absence top the list of most confounding laws for employers large and small. AALRR attorneys routinely navigate employers through the maze of leave laws and the interplay between the Family Medical Leave Act, California Family Rights Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Employment and Housing Act, Pregnancy Disability Leave, and Workers’ Compensation. Explaining the law, formulating practical and creative compliance strategies, and remaining sensitive to employers’ need to continue operating their business is at the forefront of the advice and counsel provided by attorneys on these matters.
Alerts & Articles
- Los Angeles County Passes Ordinance Requiring Employers with 500+ Employees to Provide Supplemental Paid Sick Leave to Covered Employees Until December 202005.07.2020
- California Court of Appeal Suggests, Without Deciding, Employers Must Accommodate Employees’ Association with Disabled Individuals09.09.2016
- California Court of Appeal Finds Employers Must Accommodate Employee’s Association With Disabled Individuals04.19.2016
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 05.26.2020
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 04.24.2020