AALRR’s Data Privacy & Security Team has a demonstrated history of helping clients efficiently navigate the complex and rapidly evolving laws, regulations, and industry best practices relating to privacy and cybersecurity. Our Data Privacy and Security team helps our clients understand their information protection practices and navigate the full lifecycle of data protection issues: from building and implementing privacy programs from the ground up to data breach response and privacy litigation.
Our team includes litigators with the most sought after privacy certifications in both U.S. and European law (IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professionals) and who have deep expertise across the following pillars of our privacy practice.
- Privacy Counseling and Compliance: We counsel clients on a myriad of U.S. and international privacy laws. We frequently advise clients on compliance with laws such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), state breach notification laws, and other emerging state privacy laws. We have worked with hundreds of clients to develop compliant privacy programs regardless of their jurisdiction and unique business needs.
- Data Security Counseling and Breach Response: We regularly assist clients with building security programs, evaluating and selecting cyber insurance, and managing data breach responses. Our team not only tracks breach notification requirements in the United States to make sure our clients comply with the law, we are also well-versed in assisting clients manage all facets of the data breach response including crisis and PR counseling.
- Privacy Litigation: Our privacy litigators are ready to represent and defend clients against the full spectrum of privacy related claims—from alleged violations of federal and state privacy laws to more general claims involving consumers’ personal data.
- Privacy Regulatory Investigations & Enforcement: We are ready to handle any privacy, data security, or consumer protection investigation or enforcement whether from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or state attorneys general. Companies from a wide array of industries turn to AALRR for counsel at all stages of investigations, inquiries, negotiations and lawsuits.
Alerts & Articles
- Privacy Law Update: New California Privacy Rights Act Further Expands California’s Privacy Law Amid the Evolving Privacy Landscape11.30.2020
- Part 5: Data Privacy in California: Responding to Consumer Requests and Enforcement by the Attorney General Begins06.29.2020
- Appellate Court Allows Class Action from Zappos Customers Whose Accounts Were Hacked But Did Not Suffer Financial Loss03.12.2018
- Business Law Journal, 07.05.2023
- Business Law Journal, 11.10.2022
- Business Law Journal, 11.01.2022
- Business Law Journal, 10.28.2022
- China’s Personal Information Protection Law Does Not Excuse China-Related Party From Discovery Obligations in the United States, Northern District SaysBusiness Law Journal, 08.17.2022
- Privacy and Data Security National Update: Increasing Federal Involvement in Data Security and EnforcementBusiness Law Journal, 11.05.2021
- California Privacy Law Update: The California Privacy Protection Agency Takes Shape and CCPA Litigation UpdateBusiness Law Journal, 10.28.2021
- California Privacy Law Update: The CCPA and CPRA Amended (Yet Again) and New Protection for Genetic InformationBusiness Law Journal, 10.25.2021
- Government Watchdog Advises Division of U.S. Treasury Department Against Use of GPS Cell Phone Data Without a WarrantBusiness Law Journal, 03.01.2021
- Business Law Journal, 02.26.2020
- Business Law Journal, 02.11.2020