Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo P.C. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it.
How We Collect Your Information
AALRR obtains personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from you. We collection information you provide to us when you provide us with information, inquire about our services or seek legal advice, register with us for an event or for marketing purposes, when you communicate with us through telephone, email or other electronic communication, or through the use of this website.
Types of Information We Collect
In particular, AALRR collects and has collected from consumers within the last twelve (12) months the following categories of personal information:
- Personal identifiers you provide when you create an account or register with us, sign up to receive our marketing materials, sign up for our events, including your first and last name, your address, your email address, telephone number, your company/organization name, and username and/or account name, or any personal identifiers you provide to us when communicating with us.
- Communications Preferences such as your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our e-mail advertising and marketing materials.
- Internet connectivity, usage, and activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our website and applications, such as the content you view, your browsing history, search history, browser device and type, unique device identifier and/or IP address, and information about your interaction with our website, including how often you use our services, and your preferences.
- Special categories of personal data. In connection with the registration for and provision of access to an event or seminar, we may ask for disability or health information for the purpose of identifying and being considerate of any disabilities you may have. Any use of such information is based on your consent.
- Transaction information you provide when you make a purchase from us, such as your first and last name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment or financial information.
- Financial information you provide for payment information when you make a purchase from the Company, including through this website, such as your bank account number, debit card number, and/or credit card number.
- Location information, including geolocation information provided through this website’s server logs and through Google analytics by your device interacting with our website, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
Sensory data observed on general business security video surveillance at our facilities and operations and within our properties for the security and safety of our employees, customers, operations, assets, resources, and communities.
For our legal services we may collect:
- In addition to all or some of the information listed above, information collected from publicly available sources or data sites for client due diligence purposes.
- Identification information from you or from your organization or other third parties for compliance with our legal and professional duties.
- Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, and other related billing information.
- Other personal data regarding your preferences, opinions and comments where it is relevant to our services.
- Information regarding the issue or matter in respect of which we have been engaged to provide legal services which may contain personal information about you.
How We Use Your Personal Information and Why We Collect It
AALRR uses the personal information collected from you, or from devices or households associated with you, to:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, including to provide you with legal updates, legal services, or event registration.
- For direct marketing purposes of our firm, the services we provide, and events we put on.
- To have a means of communicating with you when you contact us about a specific request or inquiry, send you promotional and event materials, or to communicate changes to our policies.
- To provide you with legal services relating to your case.
- To conduct administrative and operational processes within our firm.
- Promote our services, including sending legal updates, publications and information about events.
- Communicate about publications, services and events that you may be interested in.
- Consider an application for employment from you or conduct recruitment.
- Generate leads for us, including our marketing representatives, and for business promotion purposes to provide you with better support and services.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products, and services, administer our sites and your account, analyze trends and improve functionality of our sites.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To operate, understand, optimize, develop, or improve our site, applications, products, and operations, including through the use of analytical tools, and for testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to legal requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations, or to defend legal rights.
AALRR will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
Sharing Your Personal Information
AALRR does not disclose, share, or sell your personal information to any third parties, and has not disclosed, shared, or sold your personal information in the past 12 months, for any monetary consideration.
AALRR only discloses your information to service providers we utilize for marketing and web hosting, marketing and analytic firms, and certain tracking technologies in order to provide you with targeted communications that are tailored to your preferences. AALRR also shares your information with third parties in connection with our representation of you, including service providers, such as other lawyers, consultants, mediators, or translators, couriers, or other necessary entities; courts, regulators, and other legal entities necessary to defend or pursue claims; and companies providing services for financing checks, and regulatory bodies with whom such personal data is shared.
The Rights of California Residents Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Request Disclosure About the Data Collected About You
You have the right to request that AALRR disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we have received and verified your request, we will disclose to you:
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
However, AALRR will not at any time in response to a request disclose a consumer’s financial account number, an account password, or security questions and answers.
AALRR is not required to retain any personal information collected for a single, one-time transaction, if the information is not regularly retained by AALRR, or re-identify any anonymous or de-identified information, in order to disclose that information to you.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that AALRR delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we have received and verified your request, we will delete your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
You will need to submit a verifiable consumer request so that AALRR is able to corroborate your identity and provide your information to you.
To exercise you rights, please submit a verifiable request by:
- Emailing us at: email@example.com
- Calling us at: 833-929-2383
- Mailing us at:
Attn: James H. Palmer, General Counsel
12800 Center Court Drive, Suite 300
Cerritos, CA 90703
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information for data and to delete data. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for data access twice within a 12-month period.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. Any request to delete submitted through an online request you will first be required to submit the request, and the second, separately confirm that you will want the information deleted.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights after you have exercised those rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, in response to exercising your rights, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Our Website May Have Third Party Links
Our website may have links to third party content. We do not control that content or the third party’s privacy practices. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to understand how they use your information.
Last Modified: December 24, 2019
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which AALRR collects and uses your information, or about this policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some cookies are functional and enable additional functionality when a user accesses the website (e.g. allows users to save user preferences or language suggestions). Other cookies are non-functional and allow the website and third parties to tailor messages and advertising relevant to a user’s interests. When we refer to cookies, this includes other similar technologies such as pixel tags, or web beacons.
This policy describes how and why we use those tools. This policy also describes your choices.
Why We Use Tracking Tools
- To carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services.
- To understand how visitors use our site. This includes navigating, scrolling, and looking at pages they access and content they open.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use?
We use the following types of cookies:
- Required Cookies: Cookies that are required for you to operate and navigate our website, and use certain features. We store these cookies for the duration of your visit on our website.
- Functional Cookies: Cookies that allow us to measure how you access and use our website, so we may improve performance.
What Information Is Processed
You have choices about our tracking tools that are not required for our website to function. To opt out of behavioral advertising, click here. The choices you select are browser and device specific. Some browsers can also be set to reject cookies.
Our Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals.
We use the following tracking tools
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand how you use our website. This includes looking at where a visitor comes from and where they go when they leave our site. Google provides an opt-out for this tool here.
By continuing to browse on our website you consent to us deploying cookies as described in this policy. If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website, or would like to stop cookies being stored on your device in the future, you can change the settings or use the links provided above to decline and/or delete cookies. See the "Help" section your browser menu for guidance on how to do this. Note that changing cookie settings may affect certain features within this website.
You may also contact us via physical mail at:
James H. Palmer, General Counsel
Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo
12800 Center Court Drive, Suite 300
Cerritos, CA 90703