The construction of public schools and facilities involves a broad range of unique and complex laws and procedures. A firm grasp of how to navigate the intricacies of this specialized area of construction law is essential to the construction of successful projects. AALRR is a leader in advising California’s school districts, community college districts and other public agencies in all matters related to the construction of schools and facilities. Our deep experience working with public agencies, combined with our long history of serving the legal needs of the construction industry, provides us with particular insight into the complex legal and procedural obligations of public school construction. From the initial bidding process to the final walk-through, our attorneys provide comprehensive legal guidance and counseling to clients at every stage of the construction process, including agreements and front end documents, bidding and bid protests, construction administration, construction claims, purchasing and procurement and more.
Alerts & Articles
- Governor Newsom Signs Assembly Bill 48 That Places a $15,000,000,000 State School Facilities Bond on the March 3, 2020 Ballot for Approval10.07.2019
- Court of Appeal Holds That Level 2 Developer Fees Were Properly Assessed on a New Residential Development Project Intended to House Employee Seasonal Farmworkers04.26.2019
- AALRR Attorneys Prevail in Lawsuit That Holds All Interior Space in an Apartment Building is Assessable for Purposes of Developer Fees04.02.2018
- EdLawConnect Blog, 09.21.2018
- Field Trips and Excursions Immunity Not Available for Injuries Sustained on Premises of School Hosting Sports EventsEdLawConnect Blog, 08.17.2018