April Szabo focuses her practice on employment matters, with an emphasis on practical, cost-effective client counseling and litigation. She specializes in providing clients with Human Resources guidance, including wage/hour counseling, conducting workplace investigations, and drafting employer documents, including handbooks and training materials. Her background also includes many years of litigation, with an emphasis on wage/hour matters, particularly classification issues concerning independent contractors.
Prior to completing law school, Ms. Szabo worked as an Employee Relations Consultant for a national bank, where she conducted workplace investigations into allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, and assisted managers with a wide range of workplace issues, including performance documentation, terminations, and proper handling of meal and rest periods. This prior work has created a solid foundation for her current employment practice.
News & Publications
Alerts & Articles
- Governor Brown Ends His Last Legislative Session Signing Several #MeToo Movement Bills and Penning Last Minute Vetoes10.18.2018
- Janitorial Companies Must Register with California Labor Commissioner Starting July 1, 2018 and Begin Distribution of Sexual Harassment Materials to All Employees and Contractors06.25.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 12.06.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 10.19.2018
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 07.25.2018