Angelo Villarreal represents public and private entities in a wide array of labor and employment matters. He regularly provides advice and counsel and litigation services in the areas of wage and hour, retaliation, employment discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, leaves of absence, employee termination and discipline, and grievance issues.
Mr. Villarreal previously worked as a tax associate at an international tax accounting firm in San Francisco, where he focused on providing services to alternative investment funds involved in inbound and outbound transactions. In addition, Mr. Villarreal previously worked at a law firm in Bakersfield representing private entity employers in employment and business litigation matters.
Mr. Villarreal was born and raised in Bakersfield, California. He has lived abroad in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Seoul, South Korea. He is fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese.
News & Publications
Alerts & Articles
- A California Appellate Court Rules that Digital In-Car Video System Recording Was Properly Allowed as Evidence at Police Officers’ Termination Hearings01.12.2022
- Legal and Practical Considerations for Mandating That Public Employees Obtain a COVID-19 Vaccination12.17.2020
- California Mandates COVID-19 Exposure Notification Requirements for Public Employers Starting January 1, 202109.29.2020
- California Enacts Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Law for Large Employers, Emergency Responders, and Health Care Providers09.17.2020
- Governor Newsom Extends the Statute of Limitations for Peace Officer Misconduct Investigations by 60 Days Due to COVID-19 Pandemic04.03.2020
- Governor Newsom Issues a Statewide “Stay Home” Order That Affects But Does Not Close Public Entity Employers03.20.2020
- Eight California Counties and the City of Fresno Release Orders Affecting Public Entity Employers in Those Areas03.19.2020
Community & Professional
- Kern County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Fresno County Bar Association
- La Raza Lawyers Association, Central Valley Chapter