David Lester represents and advises private employers on a variety of labor relations, corporate, and litigation matters including class action wage and hour, trade secrets and unfair competition, sexual harassment and sexual battery, disability discrimination and family leave, wrongful termination, workplace violence injunctions, personal service agreements, layoffs, sale and purchases of business, and fair debt collection practices. Mr. Lester has served as lead counsel on a variety of litigation matters and has prevailed on a number of jury trials, appeals, and arbitrations.
In addition to his years of expertise in these matters, Mr. Lester counsels clients on day to day employment and corporate governance issues to help them prevent unnecessary litigation. He has provided numerous trainings on sexual harassment prevention and disability discrimination requirements and has drafted handbooks, personnel policies, bylaws, and articles of incorporation for employers. Mr. Lester is also a frequent speaker on a variety of current employment issues and has published articles in legal publications and law journals regarding business litigation and employment matters.
- Jersey v. John Muir Medical Center, 97 Cal. App. 4th 818 (2002)
- Rodriguez v. John Muir Medical Center, 2010 WL 3448567 (N.D. Cal. 2010)
News & Publications
"No Man is an Island: A Compendium of Legal Issues Confronting Attorneys When Individual Defendants are Named in an Employment Litigation Complaint," 20 Pacific Law Journal No. 2
"Reopening a WARN Issue: A Two Step Approach to Determining an Employer’s Obligation to Recognize a Union When It Reopens a Plant," 22 Pepperdine Law Review No. 2
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 07.09.2020
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 04.21.2020
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 12.06.2019
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 10.15.2019
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 11.19.2018
Community & Professional
- AAA Trained Mediator
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member