Robert Anslow, a nationally recognized bond counsel, provides general counsel services to various public entities, specializing in the areas of public works, construction, inter-agency agreements, real property, regulatory and environmental compliance, and developer fees and charges.
Mr. Anslow has actively participated, as principal bond counsel, in the issuance of numerous tax-exempt financings for public agency clients, school district clients, and others, including general obligation bonds, lease-revenue transactions, certificates of participation, Mello-Roos issues, Marks-Roos pooled financings, and special tax bonds and notes.
In addition, Mr. Anslow has extensive experience serving as general counsel for various water districts, including advising on public financing of water, reclaimed water, and sewer facilities and related infrastructure.
Mr. Anslow has appeared before numerous courts, arbitration panels, regulatory agencies, and public agency boards. This includes litigation work in all of the principal Southern California Superior Courts, Federal District Court of Southern California and Federal Bankruptcy Court. He has participated in arbitration sessions on behalf of public agency clients, mediation hearings and similar areas of settlement negotiation for disputes and civil actions. Mr. Anslow has also appeared in front of a number of public agency bodies, including committees of the California Legislature, regulatory agencies, the Local Agency Formation Commissions of Orange, San Diego and Riverside Counties, County Boards of Education, and the governing bodies for numerous public agencies.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Anslow has appeared as part of various agency and organization presentations on the subjects of public finance, environmental compliance, water rates and charges (including Proposition 218 matters), the Brown Act, and the Mello-Roos Act.
Alerts & Articles
- In November, Voters Will Consider Proposition 15 Which Would Create a “Split Roll” for Real Property Taxes09.16.2020
- California Executive Order N-42-20 Places Moratorium on Water System Service Shut Offs During the COVID-19 Pandemic04.09.2020
- California Supreme Court Allows Proposition 218 Challenge Without The Challenger Attending The Local Agency’s Rate Increase Hearing06.11.2019
Mr. Anslow has authored numerous publications on a number of topic relevant to his practice, including public finance, the Brown Act, and the Mello-Roos Act.
Community & Professional
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- California Association of Bond Lawyers, Member
- Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA), Member