Eddy Beltran is a member of AALRR's Facilities, Construction, and Property Practice Group. Mr. Beltran’s specialized expertise is the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). His experience includes the preparation and review of environmental impact reports, as well as defending clients in litigation challenging the adequacy of CEQA review.
Mr. Beltran also has more than 15 years’ experience representing public agencies, with the vast majority of that time focused on water agencies. He has advised and assisted public water agencies in all aspects of public agency law, including the Brown Act, the Public Records Act, contract preparation and bidding of public contracts, and has served as General Counsel at Board of Directors’ meetings.
Mr. Beltran has also worked with private developer clients advising them regarding regulatory compliance during the pre-acquisition due diligence stage, CEQA, water rights and preparation of SB 610 Water Supply Assessments.
Mr. Beltran received his bachelor’s degree in Finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and his juris doctorate from the University of Texas School of Law.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
- At Your Desk, Summer/Fall 2020
Alerts & Articles
- In November, Voters Will Consider Proposition 15 Which Would Create a “Split Roll” for Real Property Taxes09.16.2020
- United States Supreme Court Adopts a “Functional Equivalent” Standard for Discharge of Pollutants to Groundwater04.29.2020
- Governor Issues Order Suspending CEQA Timeframes and Setting Requirements for Public Availability of CEQA Documents04.28.2020
- OPR Issues Guidance and Information Regarding CEQA and COVID-19 and California Judicial Council Tolls Statutes of Limitations04.15.2020
- The California Judicial Council Revises Emergency Rule to Restart Civil Statutes of Limitations on Set DatesLabor & Employment Law Blog, 06.04.2020
Community & Professional
- Member, State Bar of California, Environmental Law Section
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, Environmental Law Section