Brian Martin’s litigation practice includes complex and class action defense, commercial and business litigation, corporate litigation, environmental litigation, intellectual property litigation, and employment litigation. He has also represented businesses with regard to environmental, health and safety, and other regulatory concerns and investigations.
Mr. Martin’s practice focuses primarily on the defense of class and representative actions, including consumer and employment cases, and business litigation. He has experience representing diverse clients including financial institutions, financial services companies, hospitality companies, energy companies, specialty contractors, pharmacy benefit managers, government contractors, high-tech and biological sciences companies, law firms, and various start-up companies.
From the beginning of his career, Brian has also devoted substantial time to representing clients in a pro bono capacity, including an individual in Habeas Corpus proceedings, political asylum seekers, and the representation of an at-risk youth boxing gymnasium in an eminent domain action.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Martin enjoys hiking, camping, and watching his children partake in youth figure skating and youth ice hockey.
Honors & Recognitions
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- Super Lawyers of San Diego, Super Lawyers® in the area of Business Litigation (2013-2021)
News & Publications
Alerts & Articles
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 09.21.2021
Community & Professional
- Former associate member of the Louis M. Welsh Inn of Court
- Former barrister of the Clifford J. Wallace Inn of Court
- Former member of the Board of Governors for the San Diego chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers