Brian Martin’s litigation practice includes complex and class action defense, commercial and business litigation, corporate litigation, environmental litigation, intellectual property litigation, and employment litigation. He has also represented businesses with regard to environmental, health and safety, and other regulatory concerns and investigations.
Mr. Martin’s practice focuses primarily on the defense of class and representative actions, including consumer and employment cases, and business litigation. He has experience representing diverse clients including financial institutions, financial services companies, hospitality companies, energy companies, specialty contractors, pharmacy benefit managers, government contractors, high-tech and biological sciences companies, law firms, and various start-up companies.
From the beginning of his career, Brian has also devoted substantial time to representing clients in a pro bono capacity, including an individual in Habeas Corpus proceedings, political asylum seekers, and the representation of an at-risk youth boxing gymnasium in an eminent domain action.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Martin enjoys hiking, camping, and watching his children partake in youth figure skating and youth ice hockey.
Honors & Recognitions
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- Super Lawyers of San Diego, Super Lawyers® in the area of Business Litigation (2013-2021)
News & Publications
- Twelve Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 202208.19.2021
Events & Speaking Engagements
Alerts & Articles
- Viking River Cruises Eliminates California’s Absolute Ban on PAGA Arbitrations — Why Employers Should Shore Up Their Arbitration Agreements Before the Next Round of Litigation06.22.2022
- In a Big Win for California Employers, the United States Supreme Court Opens the Door to Enforcement of Arbitration Agreements in PAGA Cases06.15.2022
- California Supreme Court Again Expands Liability for Employers by Allowing Derivative Wage Statement and Waiting Time Penalty Claims for Unpaid Meal and Rest Period Premiums05.25.2022
- In an Increasingly Rare Employer-Side Victory, California Court of Appeal Confirms Trial Courts Can Dispose of Unmanageable PAGA Actions09.20.2021
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 09.21.2021
Community & Professional
- Former associate member of the Louis M. Welsh Inn of Court
- Former barrister of the Clifford J. Wallace Inn of Court
- Former member of the Board of Governors for the San Diego chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers