Kevin Dale provides legal services to both public and private sector clients. Mr. Dale provides services to various public agencies including school districts, housing authorities, cities, counties, water agencies, and other types of special districts. Mr. Dale advises boards and commissions during both open and closed session meetings on a variety of matters including the Brown Act, meeting protocol, governance issues, and Roberts Rules of Order. Mr. Dale also assists public agencies in navigating the requirements of the Public Records Act and conflict of interest laws.
Mr. Dale is also experienced in counseling and representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. Mr. Dale has earned a reputation of providing practical advice aimed at resolving employment issues at the lowest level possible. Mr. Dale has successfully defended employers in a variety of matters including discrimination/harassment claims, grievances, wage and hour disputes, and unfair labor practices. Mr. Dale also assists employers in complying with due process procedures related to employee discipline and dismissal matters.
As an experienced labor negotiator, Mr. Dale represents employers at the bargaining table and has prepared numerous agreements with various types of bargaining units. Mr. Dale serves as a chief labor negotiator for several employers, and also serves in a supporting role to employer bargaining teams.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
- 2021 CALPELRA Annual Training Conference | What’s Over the Rainbow @ CALPERS – Guidance for Disability RetirementMonterey, California, 11.17.2021
- 2021 CALPELRA Annual Training Conference | Tints, Tones & Shades-Getting 2 YES: Successful Bargaining TechniquesMonterey, California, 11.18.2021
Alerts & Articles
- Governor Newsom’s Updated List of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” Includes Government Employees03.23.2020
- Eight California Counties and the City of Fresno Release Orders Affecting Public Entity Employers in Those Areas03.19.2020
- Court Requires Record of Threatened Litigation to be Included in Agenda Packet for Closed Session Item03.09.2020
- Supreme Court Limits Reach of Public Sector Unions in Janus, Finding Agency Fee Arrangements to Be Unconstitutional06.27.2018
- Legislation Limits Out-of-class Assignments for CalPERS Members01.17.2018
- California Court of Appeal Confirms that Under the Public Safety Officers Procedural Bill of Rights Act, Administrative Appeal Must Be Provided After Decision to Impose Discipline Is Implemented07.11.2017
- California Supreme Court Holds Public Records Sent Through Private Email Accounts and Devices May Be Subject to Disclosure03.03.2017
- California Court of Appeal Finds Employers Must Accommodate Employee’s Association With Disabled Ind04.18.2016
- Public Safety Officer Must Be Informed of the Nature of an Investigation “Reasonably Prior To” an In02.17.2016
- EdLawConnect Blog, 12.30.2014
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 10.08.2010
Community & Professional
Mr. Dale’s community involvement includes service as a Personnel Commissioner for the City of Clovis, and he is the past Legislative Director of the Human Resource Association of Central California. He previously volunteered as a reserve deputy sheriff with the Fresno County Sheriff’s Department and served over six years of active duty in the U.S. Marine Corps.