Suparna Jain represents school districts, community college districts, water districts, other public entities, as well as some private clients. Currently she serves as Assistant General Counsel to United Water Conservation District.
Her practice focuses on transactional facilities, construction, and property matters, specifically advising clients on procurement concerns, consultant agreements for professional services, ADA facility related issues, surplus property issues, charter school facility matters, licensing agreements, prequalification requirements, public record act requests, and Brown Act requirements.
During law school, Ms. Jain was a team and board member of the UC Hastings Moot Court program. In addition, she worked within the public sector and on behalf of public entities throughout law school, and served as a Los Angeles Superior Court judicial extern.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Ms. Jain has given presentations on Americans with Disabilities access issues and on Proposition 39 energy agreements.
Alerts & Articles
- California Appellate Court Rules That School District Entitled to Retain Unused Hardship Funding Provided by the State of California05.27.2022
- Governor Issues Order Suspending CEQA Timeframes and Setting Requirements for Public Availability of CEQA Documents04.28.2020
- OPR Issues Guidance and Information Regarding CEQA and COVID-19 and California Judicial Council Tolls Statutes of Limitations04.15.2020
- Governor Newsom Signs Assembly Bill 48 That Places a $15,000,000,000 State School Facilities Bond on the March 3, 2020 Ballot for Approval10.07.2019
- Court of Appeal Holds That Level 2 Developer Fees Were Properly Assessed on a New Residential Development Project Intended to House Employee Seasonal Farmworkers04.26.2019
- Another Court of Appeal Affirms that Lease-Leaseback Contracts are Exempt from the Competitive Bidding Processes and Rejects Requirements for a "Genuine Lease" and "Contractor Financing"05.04.2017
Ms. Jain has authored many of her practice group’s client alerts and blog entries. The research paper she co-authored, “Enforceability of Local Hire Preference Programs,” was published by the Department of Transportation Research Board in its Legal Digest.
- Assembly Bill 219 - Seeking to Expand Definition of "Public Work" to Include Delivery of Ready-Mix ConcreteEdLawConnect Blog, 04.16.2015
- Recent Court of Appeals Decision Suggests a Stop Notice Served Before a Notice of Completion or Notice of Cessation is Recorded is Premature and thus IneffectualEdLawConnect Blog, 08.20.2014
- Forthcoming Regulations Will Help School Districts Determine Proportionate Share and Allowable Direct Costs for the Use of School Facilities and GroundsEdLawConnect Blog, 03.06.2014
- Education Code section 17463.7’s Additional Flexibility Regarding Use of Proceeds from the Sale of Surplus Property Provisions Extended to January 1, 2016EdLawConnect Blog, 08.27.2013
- Civic Center Act Amended to Expand Definition of “Direct Costs” School Districts May Charge for Use of School Facilities and GroundsEdLawConnect Blog, 03.14.2013
- Newly Implemented Office of Public School Construction Regulations Create a “Waiting List” for School Districts Applying for State FundingEdLawConnect Blog, 12.13.2012
- EdLawConnect Blog, 05.18.2012