Shawn Ogle has worked as a litigator in private practice since 2009. He has skillfully handled a wide variety of practice areas, including business litigation, employer defense, high profile trust and estate issues, and other matters, from the initial stage of client counseling and case analysis through trial and the appellate process.
Mr. Ogle represents individuals, businesses, and public agencies of all sizes for a variety of issues, including employment law claims, fraud allegations, securities violation claims, misappropriation of trade secrets charges, claims for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, real property claims, easement rights, validity of trust instruments, and shareholder disputes.
While in law school, Mr. Ogle received a scholarship from the Institute for Corporate Counsel, served as Executive Notes Editor for the Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal, and worked as a judicial extern for the Honorable Rita Miller of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Honors & Recognitions
Mr. Ogle was named a 2016 and 2017 “Rising Star” by Southern California Super Lawyers. Rising Stars are exceptional Southern California attorneys who are 40 years old or younger or who have been practicing law for ten years or less. They are selected based on peer evaluations and independent research regarding the attorneys’ professional achievements. Only 2.5 percent of attorneys are recognized as Rising Stars.
Mr. Ogle’s accomplishments include:
- Obtained summary judgment in a breach of contract case and was awarded over $135,000 in attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Obtained summary adjudication defeating defendants’ claims of sole ownership to office building in downtown Los Angeles.
- Obtained settlement agreement after first stage of arbitration, raising shareholder clients’ buyout rights from $2.2 million to $4 million.
- Prevailed in bench trial to enforce a marital settlement agreement relating to the $15 million sale of an electronics manufacturing business and obtained an award of $392,000 in attorneys’ fees and costs for client.
- Prevailed against multiple claimants after eight-week trial involving an action to execute upon a $5 million injunction bond relating to a real estate development in Newport Beach. Obtained over $330,000 in fees and costs from adversaries as the prevailing party. California Court of Appeal affirmed trial court’s ruling in full.
- Obtained dismissal of complaint in which private equity firm and two of its investment funds demanded $40 million in damages from former CEO of acquired company.
- Successfully represented daughter of beloved radio host Casey Kasem in obtaining order for temporary conservatorship and judgment of over $266,000 in attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Obtained dismissal of employee’s unlawful discharge complaint filed with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing against national retailer client.
News & Publications
Mr. Ogle is a regular contributor to the firm’s employment publications and blog. His writing has also been featured in publications such as the Daily Journal ("Can 'class arbitration' even be legally mandated?", July 26, 2017).
- Business Law Journal, 03.13.2018
- The US Supreme Court Limits Appellate Review Of District Court’s Refusal To Enforce Subpoenas Issued By The EEOCLabor & Employment Law Blog, 05.19.2017
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 03.06.2017
Community & Professional
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member