Todd Robbins represents public school districts in the areas of education law, certificated and classified employee discipline, certificated layoffs, harassment and discrimination complaints, and contract administration.
Mr. Robbins also advises school districts regarding matters related to the California Voting Rights Act. He has guided several school districts through the process of transitioning from at-large elections to by-trustee area elections. Additionally, Mr. Robbins provides guidance to school districts in all matters related to the Affordable Care Act. Furthermore, he advises school districts regarding transgender students and employees, and provides presentations focused on district obligations and best practices for complying with state and federal law when addressing the needs of transgender students.
Prior to entering law school, Mr. Robbins worked as a high school history teacher in Maine.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Robbins lectures extensively before industry organizations such as the Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) and the Credential Counselors & Analysts of California (CCAC). He is also a frequent presenter for the Inland Personnel Council, a consortium of public school districts, community college districts and county offices of education located in Riverside and San Bernardino counties. Mr. Robbins also regularly presents before local and statewide organizations on a myriad of matters that are of interest to his public sector clients, including state-mandated sexual harassment training, ethics training, and Brown Act compliance training.
Alerts & Articles
- The Ninth Circuit Holds that Official Use of a Social Media Platform Created a Public Forum, and Blocking Members of the Public Violated the First Amendment08.03.2022
- In a Significant Ruling in Favor of a Public Entity, Appellate Court Clarifies the Dilution Requirement of the California Voting Rights Act07.10.2020
Mr. Robbins contributes to the firm’s education law publications.
- EdLawConnect Blog, 01.15.2019
- EdLawConnect Blog, 11.28.2016
- EdLawConnect Blog, 05.19.2016
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 03.28.2016
- EdLawConnect Blog, 03.25.2016
- EdLawConnect Blog, 12.30.2014
- EdLawConnect Blog, 07.23.2014
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 07.03.2013
- EdLawConnect Blog, 07.02.2013
- EdLawConnect Blog, 05.14.2013
- EdLawConnect Blog, 04.08.2013
- EdLawConnect Blog, 02.28.2013