Michele Landenberger represents California school districts, community college districts, and county offices of education in labor relations and general education law matters. Ms. Landenberger’s areas of expertise include classified and certificated employee discipline, employee leave of absence and family leave issues, reasonable accommodation of employee disabilities, as well as workplace and Uniform Complaint investigations and responses. Her practice also includes advice and counsel in compliance with the California Public Records Act, and defending employers against allegations of discrimination with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Landenberger worked as a manager for several retailers, handling employee and operational issues and training staff on company policies and procedures. She also has experience as a compliance analyst in the area of federal and state mortgage laws.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Ms. Landenberger conducts seminars and workshops for public sector employers on a broad range of education topics.
- At Your Desk, FALL 2022
- At Your Desk, 08.11.2022
- Making the Interactive Process a Success (Part 1): Tips for Effective Communication and Problem Solving When Employees Request AccommodationAt Your Desk, 09.08.2022
- Making the Interactive Process a Success (Part 2): Leaves of Absence, Telework and Other Reasonable AccommodationAt Your Desk, 10.13.2022
- At Your Desk, 11.16.2022
Alerts & Articles
- PERB: The Duty to Provide Information to Unions is Distinct from Obligations Under the Public Records Act11.28.2018
Ms. Landenberger contributes to the firm’s publications and blogs.
- Field Trips and Excursions Immunity Not Available for Injuries Sustained on Premises of School Hosting Sports EventsEdLawConnect Blog, 08.17.2018
- EdLawConnect Blog, 08.09.2017
- EdLawConnect Blog, 05.23.2016
Community & Professional
- California Council of School Attorneys, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Public Law Section, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Community Outreach Committee