Georgelle Cuevas regularly assists school districts, county offices of education, and community colleges in navigating the requirements of the Education Code, Public Records Act, the Brown Act, and conflict of interest laws. Ms. Cuevas is experienced in counseling and representing public and private sector employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including discrimination/harassment, wrongful termination, disability, reasonable accommodation, wage and hour requirements, leave requirements, discipline and dismissal. She has significant experience conducting thorough and effective investigations concerning workplace issues and student complaints.
In addition to being a licensed attorney, Ms. Cuevas is also a Certified Professional in Human Resources. Ms. Cuevas gained experience in employment law, retirement, education and civil rights at previous firms. Her prior experience also includes internships with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the National Labor Relations Board.
During law school, Ms. Cuevas served as the Vice-President of External Affairs for the Moot Court Honors Society. In addition, she won a CALI award for receiving the highest grade in her Immigration Law class.
News & Publications
Alerts & Articles
Ms. Cuevas is a contributor to the firm’s education publications and blog.
- EdLawConnect Blog, 06.06.2018
- EdLawConnect Blog, 04.23.2018
- SB 395 — New Protections for Students Age 15 and under when Subjected to Custodial Interrogation by Law EnforcementEdLawConnect Blog, 01.09.2018
- New Handbook Published by State Chancellor’s Office Highlights Best Practices to Promote Diversity in HiringEdLawConnect Blog, 11.30.2016
- EEOC Limits on Disability-Related Inquiries Regarding Employee Participation in Employer-Sponsored Wellness PlansEdLawConnect Blog, 08.09.2016
- EdLawConnect Blog, 07.14.2016
Community & Professional
Ms. Cuevas served as an attorney scorer for Contra Costa County's moot court and mock trial programs for high school students from 2012-2015.
LL.M, University of California, Berkeley School of Law
J.D., University of Akron School of Law
M.S.M., University of Akron, College of Business Administration
B.F.A., Kent State University
- 2012, California
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Northern Districts of California