Anna Miller represents public school districts and California community college districts in all areas of general education law; labor relations; employment matters such as discrimination, dismissal and harassment; student issues such as fraudulent receipt of federally issued financial aid, grade disputes, student discipline and harassment charges; and First Amendment rights. She is active in the firm’s Title IX group, conducting Title IX investigations and giving presentations on Title IX issues.
Ms. Miller conducts complex workplace investigations for both public and private sector entities, including universities and colleges, school districts, public safety entities, counties and cities; and provides legal counsel on matters involving safety, campus police and human resources. In addition, she has a wealth of experience representing clients in court, arbitration proceedings and administrative hearings.
During law school, Ms. Miller held an externship in Sacramento at the California Senate Office of Research, where her focus was on higher education/community college issues.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Ms. Miller frequently gives presentations about Title IX, employment issues, student matters, and other legal topics.
Alerts & Articles
- 2022-2023 Requirements of NCAA Board of Governors Policy on Campus Sexual Violence and Disclosure of Student Information09.06.2022
- SB 493 Will Require Colleges and Universities to Revise Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedures in 202212.14.2021
- Federal Government Issues Guidance to Ensure Gender Equity in Career and Technical Education Program06.17.2016
Ms. Miller has co-authored several American Bar Association publications, including:
ABA Midwinter Meeting Report on 2013 Cases – FMLA
- ABA 2014 FLSA Midwinter Meeting Report
- 2015 Supplement to the ABA/BNA FMLA Treatise
- 2016 version of the CPER Pocket Guide to the Educational Employment Relations Act
- Obama Administration’s White House Task Force to Protect Students from Sexual Assault Releases Guide for Universities and Colleges in Preventing and Addressing Campus Sexual MisconductEdLawConnect Blog, 01.27.2017
- EdLawConnect Blog, 07.10.2015
- EdLawConnect Blog, 08.25.2014
Community & Professional
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member
- California Council of School Attorneys, Member
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento, Member