Christopher Francis is a seasoned litigator who focuses his practice on representing clients in complex domestic and international litigation cases. His practice includes investigating and defending allegations of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act violations, and investigating and defending organizations as a result of data breaches.
Mr. Francis is a Certified U.S. and EU Information Privacy Professional (CIPP-US and CIPP-E).
While in law school, Mr. Francis served as a Judicial Extern for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, where he drafted court orders involving tort, contract, employment, and administrative law claims; was Contributing Editor for the Michigan Law Review; and served as Senior Judge for the Legal Practice Class.
- Integral team member on multi-billion dollar transnational litigation case. Responsible for coordinating worldwide legal defense, researching and drafting memoranda briefs and motions on a variety of complex U.S. and foreign legal topics, and preparing trial plans and evidence.
- Served as one of six team leads for an internal FCPA investigation in Brazil involving allegations of billions of dollars in bribes. Oversaw complex document review and interviewed witnesses. Prepared presentations to SEC, DOJ, and Brazilian authorities.
- Served as central team member for internal FCPA investigation in Latin America. Prepared for and conducted witness interviews. Assisted in preparation of presentations to federal prosecutors. Drafted memoranda.
- Conducted privacy review for a global consulting firm following a data breach.
- Various significant roles in numerous white-collar investigations.
News & Publications
- Business Law Journal, 11.10.2022
- Business Law Journal, 11.01.2022
- Business Law Journal, 10.28.2022
Community & Professional
International Association of Privacy Professionals (CIPP-US, CIPP-E), Member