Lisa R. Allred specializes in education law, representing school districts, colleges, and universities, and applying her expertise in business, real estate, personnel, public works, technology, and intellectual property law. Ms. Allred began her legal career as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Washington at the Washington State University Division, where she practiced all aspects of higher education law. Ms. Allred has lectured extensively before school and college associations on various education law topics.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Allred enjoyed a career in business, serving as a business manager for a private school run by Lehigh University, a procurement officer for New Mexico Highlands University, a contracts representative for Sandia National Laboratories, and a market research manager for ABQ Bank.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Alerts & Articles
- "May a Public University Restrict Faculty Expression on Its Internet Worldwide Web Sites?
Academic Freedom and University Facility Use Restrictions." Journal of College and University Law, 24 J.C. & U.L. 325 (1997)
- EdLawConnect Blog, 08.18.2016
- Temporary Restraining Order Issued On State Allocation Board Finding That No State Funds Are Available For New Construction Projects For Level III Developer FeesEdLawConnect Blog, 05.27.2016
- EdLawConnect Blog, 02.01.2016
- City’s Legislative Body Has No Protectable Copyright Interest in Video Recordings of Public MeetingsEdLawConnect Blog, 10.26.2015
- EdLawConnect Blog, 10.21.2015
- Title IX and Local Law Enforcement Coordination: The State’s Template Memorandum of Understanding Attempts to Help California Colleges Coordinate Their Title IX Compliance Efforts with Local Law EnforcementEdLawConnect Blog, 08.17.2015
- EdLawConnect Blog, 06.13.2014
- EdLawConnect Blog, 06.03.2014