Jacquelyn T. Morenz represents California school districts and county offices of education in a variety of labor and employment and general education matters, including employee disciplinary actions, leaves of absence, reasonable accommodation of employee disabilities, employment discrimination, and wage and hour law. She also assists with Uniform Complaint investigations and responses; California Public Records Act responses; collective bargaining issues, including defending and presenting unfair practice charges before the Public Employment Relations Board; and defending employers against allegations of discrimination with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
While in law school, Ms. Morenz received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Law & Politics of Educational Policy Development, in addition to a USD School of Law Scholarship. She was also the Symposium Editor and Social Relations Editor for the San Diego Law Review. During law school, she interned with the California Charter Schools Association (CCSA), assisting the Legal Advocacy Team with research and providing CCSA members with legal services. She also interned with San Diego Unified School District Legal Services, handling a variety of matters including certificated and classified employee discipline cases, various student issues, facilities issues, and special education issues for attorneys and other district personnel.
News & Publications
- The Press Enterprise, 09.24.2015
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Making the Interactive Process a Success (Part 2): Leaves of Absence, Telework and Other Reasonable AccommodationAt Your Desk, 10.14.2021
- At Your Desk, 11.18.2021
Alerts & Articles
- California Appellate Court Rules That Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity May Qualify as a Disability Under FEHA05.27.2021
- Update: California Department of Public Health Issues Comprehensive Guidance Governing Opening and Reopening of K-12 Schools03.24.2021
- California Enacts Law Providing New Bank of Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Applicable to School Employers03.23.2021
- California Department of Public Health Issues Comprehensive Guidance Governing Opening and Reopening of K-12 Schools01.19.2021
- California Department of Social Services Provides Guidance Regarding Waivers for Child Care Facilities and Providers09.03.2020
- EdLawConnect Blog, 07.01.2019
Community & Professional
- Orange County Bar Association, Member