AALRR Training | Beyond the Basics—Strategies for Managing Leaves, Engaging in the Interactive Process, and Providing Reasonable Accommodation
Even seasoned human resources professionals can be challenged by the myriad of federal and state medical leave laws, requirements for reasonable accommodation, and nuances of the interactive process. This course is designed to take participants beyond the basics of leave administration and reasonable accommodation and equip them with an in-depth understanding of leaves of absences, providing them with strategies for engaging in the interactive process and furnishing them with out-of-the-box ideas for reasonable accommodations. Over three weeks, participants will learn from real life scenarios, interactive polling, and discussions with seasoned employment law attorneys.
This training is geared to California employers in the private sector.
The Series includes:
- Four and one half hours of attorney-facilitated web-based training
- A downloadable toolkit that includes:
- A comprehensive practical leaves, interactive process, and reasonable accommodation guide for California employers
- A medical leaves of absence comparison chart
- A sample reasonable accommodation questionnaire
- A sample request for accommodation form
- A sample interactive process checklist
- A sample interactive process communications log
- A sample alternative job search efforts log
- Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of the series
- Access to session recordings for a limited time at the conclusion of the series
Dates: January 16, 23 & 30, 2024
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PDT
Fee: $199 per person*
*Payment is accepted by credit card only. Cancellations must be received in writing at email@example.com no later than January 9, 2024 to receive a refund.
This course will be delivered live using the Go-to-Webinar platform.
Continuing Education Credit:
This program will be submitted for 4.5 PDC hours for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Professionals In Human Resources Association (PIHRA) is recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
This program will be submitted for 4.5 Webinar/Webcast/Podcast recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org.
The use of this official seal confirms that this Activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Join us for this informative training series.