William Betley represents employers in all areas of employment law, including unlawful harassment, discrimination, employee classification, wage and hour, class action and PAGA matters. He provides his clients full service representation from advice and counsel through trial focusing on an aggressive yet practical approach to risk management and conflict resolution. This approach has resulted in a number of excellent results for his clients.
Mr. Betley is a former President of the California Employers Advisory Council (CEAC) and was recently elected to serve as that organization’s Vice President. He is also the Chairperson of the Inland Valley Employers Advisory Council and acts as the CEAC’s Regional Vice President in the Inland Empire.
Mr. Betley is also on the Inland Empire Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM) Board of Directors and he is an Adjunct Faculty Member at California State University San Bernardino focusing on labor, employment and business ethics.
Mr. Betley is a frequent speaker at numerous AALRR, CEAC, SHRM and Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA) seminars and he regularly travels throughout California providing presentations on a number of employment and business related topics.
Mr. Betley is listed in the National Registry of Who’s Who for Attorneys in the United States.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
William Betley is a sought-after presenter and trainer. Mr. Betley is regularly called upon to conduct the firm’s weekly webinar The Morning Fix and participates at the quarterly Breakfast Briefings. He has provided training to various entities and professional associations on topics such as: preventing discrimination, retaliation, and harassment; wage & hour, conducting disciplinary investigations; managing employee leaves; and imposing employee discipline.
Mr. Betley has spoken before numerous organizations, including Professionals in Human Resource Association (PIHRA), Inland Empire Society for Human Resources (IESHRM), and numerous Employer Advisory Council (EAC) chapters. Some of Mr. Betley’s recent presentations include:
• “Wage & Hour Woes”, Desert Employer Advisory Council, July 2022
• “Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations” Employer Advisory Council, Region 7, June 2022
• "Heading Off Conflict in your Workforce: Techniques and Tips to Mitigate Issues and Liability", HRCC, May 2022
• “Managing the Non-Exempt Workforce”, Contract Services Group (CSG), March 2022
• “Personnel Records & Privacy, Employer Advisory Council”, Region 7, September 2021
• “Leaves of Absence, New & Old-Continue to Cause Employers Heartburn”, PIHRA CA Employment Law Update, March 2021
- Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts, 03.23.2023
- Virtual, Spring 2023
- Virtual, SPRING 2023
- Virtual, Winter/Spring 2023
- Virtual, WINTER/SPRING 2023
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 06.16.2015
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 07.03.2013
- EdLawConnect Blog, 07.02.2013