Paul Fleck is Chair of AALRR's Employment Practice Group, covering nine offices throughout California.
Mr. Fleck represents management exclusively in all aspects of employment litigation, including defending claims for wage and hour violations, wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and leave of absence violations. Mr. Fleck provides his clients with zealous representation in litigation while striving to avoid drawn-out legal proceedings when possible. Mr. Fleck regularly represents employers in California and federal courts and in matters brought by the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and California’s Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Since Mr. Fleck worked in the human resources field at both Fortune 500 and small California firms prior to his legal career, he now provides practical advice and counsel to employers on human resources and employee relations issues. Additionally, Mr. Fleck regularly conducts human resources audits related to payroll practices, policies and procedures, employee handbooks, job descriptions, and I-9 compliance.
Mr. Fleck also conducts continuing education programs for attorneys and training programs for managers, supervisors, and human resources professionals throughout California and across the country on all issues related to labor and employment. Mr. Fleck is the chair of AALRR’s Employment Law Conference, which hosts over 1,000 attendees annually.
Honors & Recognitions
In 2016, the national publication Law360 profiled Mr. Fleck, saluting his success in building his practice while maintaining quality service to his existing clients. The article, “Rainmaker Q&A: Atkinson Andelson's Paul Fleck,” highlights Mr. Fleck’s interpersonal skills and legal abilities, as well as AALRR’s distinctive strengths.
From 2005-2007, Southern California Super Lawyers recognized Mr. Fleck as a Rising Star, one of the top 2.5 percent of Southern California attorneys.
News & Publications
- SHRM.org, 07.21.2016
- National Club Association - Connect, 10.29.2013
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Fleck is a frequent speaker for professional organizations, including the Professionals In Human Resources Association, National Human Resources Association, Employers Group, Employers Advisory Council, Bolton Seminar Series, and various Chambers of Commerce throughout California.
- Double Tree by Hilton Culver City, 04.18.2019
- Webinar - The First Tuesday of Every Month, 07.02.2019
- Webinar - The First Tuesday of Every Month, 08.06.2019
Alerts & Articles
- Federal Court Requires Federal Government to Maintain DACA Program Nationwide with Certain Exceptions01.26.2018
Mr. Fleck regularly authors employment law articles for local and national organizations.
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 04.15.2016
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 04.24.2014
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 02.05.2014
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 02.20.2013
- EdLawConnect Blog, 02.19.2013
- GOVERNOR BROWN SIGNS EMPLOYMENT-RELATED BILLS ADDRESSING CREDIT REPORTS, GENDER DISCRIMINATION, E-VERIFY, AND PREGNANCY LEAVE TO CONCLUDE 2011 LEGISLATIVE SESSIONLabor & Employment Law Blog, 10.10.2011
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 12.11.2010
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 05.27.2010
Mr. Fleck has appeared on Comcast Local Edition, which airs during CNN Headline News, discussing the impact of California employment laws on employers.
Community & Professional
Mr. Fleck is on the board of directors for the Santa Fe Springs Chamber of Commerce and is the Chairman of its Human Resources Forum. He is a former Director with several nonprofit organizations, including Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Additionally, he is a member in the following organizations:
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Santa Fe Springs Chamber of Commerce