As a trusted advisor, Paul Fleck works closely with his business clients navigating the complexities of federal, state, and local employment and labor laws. Representing management exclusively in all aspects of employment litigation, including defending claims for wage and hour violations, wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and leave of absence violations, he assists employers in successfully operating their businesses in California. While providing zealous representation in litigation, Mr. Fleck strives to avoid drawn-out legal proceedings when possible. He regularly represents employers in California and federal courts and in matters brought by the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and California’s Division of Labor Standards Enforcement.
Mr. Fleck’s hands-on experience working in human resources at both Fortune 500 and small California businesses prior to his legal career provides him with the unique opportunity to impart practical advice on complex human resources and employee relations issues.
Mr. Fleck regularly conducts continuing education programs for attorneys and training programs for managers, supervisors, and human resources professionals throughout California and across the country on all issues related to labor and employment. He is the chair of AALRR’s Employment Law Conference, which hosts over 1,000 attendees annually.
Honors & Recognitions
In 2016, the national publication Law360 profiled Mr. Fleck, saluting his success in building his practice while maintaining quality service to his existing clients. The article, “Rainmaker Q&A: Atkinson Andelson's Paul Fleck,” highlights Mr. Fleck’s interpersonal skills and legal abilities, as well as AALRR’s distinctive strengths.
Over his career, Southern California Super Lawyers recognized Mr. Fleck as a Rising Star, one of the top 2.5 percent of Southern California attorneys.
News & Publications
- SHRM.org, 07.21.2016
- National Club Association - Connect, 10.29.2013
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Fleck is a frequent speaker for professional organizations, including the Professionals In Human Resources Association, National Human Resources Association, Employers Group, Employers Advisory Council, Bolton Seminar Series, and various Chambers of Commerce throughout California.
- Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts, 03.24.2022
Alerts & Articles
- Federal Court Requires Federal Government to Maintain DACA Program Nationwide with Certain Exceptions01.26.2018
Mr. Fleck regularly authors employment law articles for local and national organizations.
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 04.15.2016
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 04.24.2014
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 02.05.2014
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 02.20.2013
- EdLawConnect Blog, 02.19.2013
- GOVERNOR BROWN SIGNS EMPLOYMENT-RELATED BILLS ADDRESSING CREDIT REPORTS, GENDER DISCRIMINATION, E-VERIFY, AND PREGNANCY LEAVE TO CONCLUDE 2011 LEGISLATIVE SESSIONLabor & Employment Law Blog, 10.10.2011
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 12.11.2010
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 05.27.2010
Mr. Fleck has appeared on Comcast Local Edition, which airs during CNN Headline News, discussing the impact of California employment laws on employers.
Community & Professional
Mr. Fleck is on the board of directors for the Santa Fe Springs Chamber of Commerce and is the Chairman of its Human Resources Forum. He is a former Director with several nonprofit organizations, including Boys and Girls Clubs of America. Additionally, he is a member in the following organizations:
- Waymakers ( Board Member)
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Santa Fe Springs Chamber of Commerce