Jeff Hoskinson, a partner in AALRR’s Irvine office, has worked exclusively with public agency clients since 2003, with a focus on water districts, school districts, county offices of education, and joint powers agency clients. He currently serves as general counsel to the East Orange County Water District and Joshua Basin Water District, as well as pro-bono counsel to the Orange County Water Association and as an assistant general counsel to several other water districts.
Mr. Hoskinson has experience in a range of matters, including by-division voting conversion, election redistricting, water rates and water conservation, land and site acquisition, eminent domain, environmental and the California Environmental Quality Act (“CEQA”), public works construction, construction contracting, bonding and insurance, surplus properties and asset management, redevelopment, and water rights, as well as general governance matters such as Brown Act and the Public Records Act.
Prior to working with the Firm, Mr. Hoskinson gained litigation experience as an appellate prosecutor with the Office of the California Attorney General in Los Angeles, arguing cases primarily before the Second District of the California Court of Appeals.
News & Publications
Alerts & Articles
- United States Supreme Court Adopts a “Functional Equivalent” Standard for Discharge of Pollutants to Groundwater04.29.2020
- California Executive Order N-42-20 Places Moratorium on Water System Service Shut Offs During the COVID-19 Pandemic04.09.2020
Community & Professional
- Association of California Water Agencies
- California Special Districts Association
- Orange County Water Association