James Romo is one of the founding partners and the former Managing Partner of AALRR. Mr. Romo represents public employers in all aspects of labor relations and employment law matters. He has extensive experience handling proceedings before the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Public Employment Relations Board (PERB), and the Office of Administrative Hearings. He specializes in collective bargaining, contract administration, employee discipline proceedings, and defending against employee discrimination claims. He served on the General Counsel’s staff for the Educational Employment Relations Board, now known as PERB.
Honors & Recognitions
Since 2004, Mr. Romo has been recognized multiple times as one of Southern California’s “Super Lawyers.” This honor, based on independent research and peer appraisals, is given to no more than five percent of California lawyers.
News & Publications
- California Lawyer, 08.04.2014
- National Law Journal, June 9, 2014, 06.11.2014
- California Lawyer, 11.05.2013
- The National Law Journal, 04.08.2013
- California Lawyer, 09.17.2012
- California Lawyer, 11.18.2011
- California Lawyer, 09.09.2011
- The National Law Journal, 07.11.2011
- Los Angeles Business Journal, 04.14.2011
- Daily Journal, 02.09.2011
- The California Lawyer, 09.10.2010
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Romo frequently gives presentations to private and public sector employers on all aspects of labor and employment law.
Alerts & Articles
Mr. Romo has published numerous articles in professional and trade journals on such topics as wrongful termination, drug and alcohol testing, documenting employee performance, employee privacy issues, collective bargaining, and PERB decisions.
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- California State Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section, Member
- Los Angeles Bar Association, Labor Law Section, Member
- Public Sector Law Section of the California State Bar, Former Vice Chairperson