Eve Peek Fichtner represents school districts, county offices of education, community colleges, and private employers for personnel matters, student issues, and all forms of discrimination and harassment claims. Ms. Fichtner has certification and significant experience conducting prompt, thorough, and effective workplace investigations and Title IX investigations. She also provides resolution-based services to clients, including workplace coaching for employees and supervisors, conflict resolution training, and facilitated meetings. In addition, she serves as a hearing officer for student expulsion cases, appeals and Title IX campus assault matters.
Ms. Fichtner provides representation, advice, and counsel on numerous school and employment matters, including employee leave, evaluation, discipline and dismissal, student discipline, bullying, reasonable accommodation, interactive meetings, release of public records, drug testing, search and seizure law, sexual misconduct, restraining orders, and motions to quash defective subpoenas. Ms. Fichtner has represented clients before state courts and administrative bodies. She has served as General Counsel to Davis Joint Unified School District for over six years.
Ms. Fichtner is an experienced and effective trainer on a variety of legal issues, including Title IX sexual misconduct matters; prevention of sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and retaliation; understanding student discipline laws; conducting internal investigations; addressing electronic misconduct; effective conflict resolution techniques; and the FRISK® Documentation Model.
Honors & Recognitions
- Sacramento Magazine's Top Lawyers List (2016)
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Ms. Fichtner developed a comprehensive investigation training seminar, PROOF, which she has presented throughout California. She also trains campus staff on Title IX Investigations. She has prepared and presented workshops on a variety of other topics as well, including sexual harassment prevention, cyber-misconduct, bullying, free speech/religion, the Brown Act, employee evaluation, student discipline, and ADA/FMLA.
Alerts & Articles
- U.S. Department of Education Confirms that the Federal Government Will Not Pursue Title IX Complaints by Transgender Students Based on Facility Access03.26.2018
- U.S. Department of Education Withdraws Prior OCR Guidance on Campus Sexual Misconduct Under Title IX09.22.2017
Ms. Fichtner contributes to the firm’s publications and education law blog.
- EdLawConnect Blog, 01.15.2019
- A Renewed Focus on Title IX: Addressing Sexual Misconduct Allegations in the Educational Setting Amidst Hollywood RevelationsEdLawConnect Blog, 03.05.2018
Community & Professional
Ms. Fichtner is the President of the Camerado Springs Middle School Parents Club. Additionally, she is a member of the following organizations:
- Association of Title IX Administrators
- Association of Workplace Investigators
- California Council of School Attorneys
- Sacramento Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section