Wage and Hour Class Action Lawsuits in the Construction Industry: Practical, Real World Steps
Wage and hour class actions are the most frequently filed class actions in California. Christopher S. Andre of Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo, a seasoned wage and hour class action litigator, will discuss the most requently filed wage and hour claims and the practical, real world steps employers in the construction industry can if not must take to reduce if not eliminate entirely their exposure to such claims. Chris will discuss, also, recent trends in wage and hour claims and litigation and related topics, including California’s prevailing wage laws and the peculiar requirements for adopting and maintaining Alternative Workweek Schedules in the Construction Industry.
- The most frequently filed wage and hour claims.
- Practical, real world steps for reducing exposure to claims for “off-the-clock” work, for overtime, for rest period penalties, for meal period penalties, for noncompliant wage statements, for “waiting time” penalties, for expense reimbursement, and for Private Attorney General Act penalties.
- Prevailing Wage Law basics and recent developments.
- Adopting and maintaining Alternative Workweek Schedules in the Construction Industry.
- Recent Trends and New Legislation, including the Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 requiring employers large and small to provide paid sick days to nearly all employees.
- Informal Q & A.