C4CM Audio Conference ~ "Writing Accurate & Defensible Job Descriptions"
Join aalrr partner, William Betley as he conducts a audio conference for the Center for Competitive Management (C4CM). The topic is ‘How to Craft FLSA, ADA, FMLA Compliant Job Descriptions.’
Are your job descriptions accurate, up-to-date, and legally compliant? If not, your organization may be next-in-line for a devastating lawsuit or non-compliance liability claim.
In fact, just one poorly written job description could leave you exposed. Job descriptions are typically the first document looked at in legal disputes or during a regulatory agency’s inquiry – and you’re on the hook to make sure they’re compliant with the most current FLSA, FMLA, and federal and state discrimination laws. The topic to be covered would include:
• Job-description best practices for 2013
• Methods to assure that job descriptions do not become obsolete.
• How to recognize when jobs are defined too narrowly
• Which vague language most often leads to lawsuits
• Step-by-step advice on the creation of legal job descriptions
• No-no language that will red flag the EEOC
• Key words that will help ensure ADA compliance
• How to know if a duty is really “essential” and how “essential functions” are generally defined
• Disclaimer language that should be included with every job description