C4CM Webinar ~ "How to Write Compliant Job Descriptions that Decrease the Risk of Employment Litiga"
Join aalrr partner, William Betley as he conducts a webinar for the Center for Competitive Management (C4CM). The topic is ‘How to Write Compliant Job Descriptions that Decrease the Risk of Employee Litigation."
Are your job descriptions accurate, up-to-date, and legally compliant? If not, your organization may be next-in-line for a devastating lawsuit or non-compliance liability claim.
In fact, just one poorly written job description could leave you exposed. Job descriptions are typically the first document looked at in legal disputes or during a regulatory agency’s inquiry – and you’re on the hook to make sure they’re compliant with the most current FLSA, FMLA, and federal and state discrimination laws. The topic to be covered would include:
- Job-description best practices for 2017
- Key triggers of the Fair Pay Act
- Methods to assure that job descriptions do not become obsolete.
- How to recognize when jobs are defined too narrowly
- Which vague language most often leads to lawsuits
- Step-by-step advice on the creation of legal job descriptions
- No-no language that will red flag the EEOC
- Key words that will help ensure ADA compliance
- How to know if a duty is really “essential” and how “essential functions” are generally defined
- Disclaimer language that should be included with every job description