ACSA Region 13 Complimentary Breakfast Briefing Key ~ Immigration Issues
In reviewing immigration enforcement issues of the new presidential administration, some of the more publicized actions contemplated will affect undocumented students, including school-aged children. Subjects related to recent developments concerning federal immigration policy affecting undocumented students, in addition to relevant antidiscrimination and privacy laws, will be covered in this complimentary Breakfast Briefing.
Topics will include:
- What is a “Sanctuary Campus” or “Safe Haven?”
- Current Constitutional and Related Protections for Undocumented Students
- Federal Immigration Enforcement Policies Concerning Students at Sensitive Locations
- Status Update on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Legal and Related Issues Presented by the Executive Order on “Sanctuary Jurisdictions”
Thursday, April 20, 2017
Ventura Unified School District - 255 W. Stanley Avenue, Ste. 100, Christy McAuliffe Room, Ventura, CA 93001
Continental Breakfast and Registration: 8:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m.
Seminar: 8:30 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Please Register by: 4/13/17 due to limited seating.
Friday, April 28, 2017
Cliffs Resort - 2757 Shell Beach Rd., Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Continental Breakfast and Registration: 7:30 a.m.-8:00 a.m.
Seminar: 8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
Please Register by: 4/20/17 due to limited seating.