ABC ~ Prevailing Wage Seminar
On Tuesday, July 15th, from 10:00 am - 3:30 pm, at the ABC Los Angeles/Ventura Chapter Office, Tom Kovacich will present on Prevailing Wage. Mr. Kovacich has extensive experience in all aspects of employment and labor law litigation. This includes, but is not limited to, counseling employers and companies on California and federal wage/hour and pay practice laws, and prevailing wage laws. Participants will receive a materials binder containing a handbook, regulations information, as well as sample forms.
- What’s new in prevailing wage enforcement & compliance.
- Which projects are Public Works projects for application of prevailing wages.
- Which employees are covered by California’s prevailing wage requirements.
- Strategies for compliance and limiting liabilities.
- Apprenticeship obligations on Public Works projects.
- How to analyze and understand how prevailing wage is applied, including the mandatory, predetermined periodic wage increases.
- How to utilize and annualize fringe benefits in order to save money.
- Understanding Labor Compliance Programs and enforcement protocol.
- Participate in hands-on exercise.