Basic Workplace Investigation Techniques
Whether it is a formal, written complaint or an informal, verbal complaint, arguably the most critical aspect of responding is the ability to conduct a prompt, thorough, and effective investigation into the complainant’s concerns. A properly conducted investigation offers management personnel the roadmap they need to make difficult decisions based on the facts available. The primary purpose of investigation training is to prepare managers and supervisors to thoroughly gather the facts so they can confidently make employment decisions and issue effective remedies.
Join us for a comprehensive three-part introduction to workplace investigations. Our diverse and experienced team of investigators will walk you through the fundamental principles, considerations, and decisions needed; focus on the tried-and-true methods to successfully interview different types of witnesses; and help you navigate potential pitfalls of the final report and workplace investigations in general.
Registration is now open; the training is sold as a series.
April 26, 2023
Part 1 of 3 | First Stage – Preliminary Considerations and Decisions
- Assessing the need for an investigation,
- Determining whether to conduct the investigation internally or to use an outside investigator,
- Identifying and implementing any and all due process and procedural requirements,
- Identify the need for and implement any necessary interim actions, and
- Identify and define the scope of the investigation.
May 24, 2023
Part 2 of 3 | Second Stage – Planning and Conducting the Investigation
- Identify and obtain relevant documents,
- Identify and classify witnesses, including deciding on the order of witnesses,
- Provide notice, and
- Interviewing the complainant, witnesses, and the subject, including assessing credibility.
June 29, 2023
Part 3 of 3 | Third Stage – Report Writing
- Standard of Proof,
- Investigation Background,
- Applicable employer guidelines or policies,
- Summary of key facts,
- Key factual findings of the investigation, and
Training Fees Apply*: $149 per person.
*Credit card pre-payment required.
Time (PDT): 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Immersive three-part series; three-hours of live virtual training,
- Equip internal investigators with the proper tools to ensure that processes or difficult witnesses do not derail your workplace investigation.
- Legal rules and regulations for a legally compliant investigation,
- Series highlights the key investigation processes and components, and
- Enable your personnel to build and refine skills.
|This three-part live virtual program is offered as a series. Each webinar offers a different segment of the investigation process.||At the conclusion of the series, participants will have access to session recordings for a limited time to catch up on a session missed or review.||
This live webinar series includes comprehensive course materials. For each session participants will receive an email with a copy of the information to be presented prior to the training date.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those charged with internal employment investigations, managers and supervisors and/or Human Resource personnel that deal with workplace investigations.
If you do not receive a confirmation, email you are not registered. Please make sure that you have hit the (green) "Complete Registration" button to complete your registration. Once payment is confirmed; you will receive a secondary notice for webinar log-in credentials.
- Of Counsel