Laura Izon represents and guides a broad constituency of public and private sector clients with their labor and employment needs. Ms. Izon has worked in public sector law for over two decades and is widely recognized in the state for her outstanding work, particularly in the field of collective bargaining. Ms. Izon has unique abilities and a proven track record to improve fractured relationships between Labor and Management and close difficult contracts. In addition to collective bargaining, Ms. Izon has a robust advice and counsel practice advising her clients on employee discipline, leaves of absence, wage and hour issues, and employee handbooks and personnel policies. Ms. Izon is a trusted advisor who truly partners with her clients to understand their business, challenges, and needs.
Ms. Izon has served as counsel for a number of high-profile clients, including the State of California, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) and the California Department of Human Resources (CalHR) under Governors Brown, Schwarzenegger, and Newsom; the County of Los Angeles; the Sacramento Kings; and the Sacramento Republic.
Honors & Recognitions
- For the last nine consecutive years, Ms. Izon has been named a Northern California Super Lawyer. In 2009, she was selected as a Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star.
- In 2017 and 2018, Ms. Izon was selected as a Best of the Bar honoree by the Sacramento Business Journal.
- In 2007, Ms. Izon was named one of the 100 Most Influential Filipina Women in the United States by the Filipina Women’s Network (FWN).
News & Publications
Community & Professional
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Member
- Labor and Employment Law Section; former Chair