Carol Gefis has over 25 years of experience representing and advising employers in all areas of labor and employment law, including alleged wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, unfair competition, and wage and hour issues.
Ms. Gefis counsels clients through all stages of the employment relationship, from hiring through discipline and termination. Ms. Gefis advises her clients in an effort to retain good employees and avoid claims, where possible. However, when the inevitable charge or complaint is filed, Ms. Gefis vigorously and efficiently defends employers before state and federal courts, from the initial filing through trial or arbitration. She also represents clients in administrative proceedings before the Labor Board, Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Ms. Gefis’s representative clients include product manufacturers and distributors, food and product importers, retailers, restaurants, engineering, architectural, and design firms, maintenance companies, professional service companies, and fitness studios.
News & Publications
- Employer Advisory Council of Orange County, Inc., 09.17.2014
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Breakfast Briefing | COVID-19 Litigation is Here, and More is Coming...Tips for Managing Pandemic-Related Litigation RisksVirtual - Two Dates, 09.23.2021
- Virtual - Multiple Dates, Wednesday, January 05, 12, 19, 26 & February 2, 2022
Alerts & Articles
Ms. Gefis is a frequent contributor to the firm’s various publications and blogs.
- The California Judicial Council Revises Emergency Rule to Restart Civil Statutes of Limitations on Set DatesLabor & Employment Law Blog, 06.04.2020
- Los Angeles County Obtains Approval to Move Further into Stage 2; Restaurants May Resume In-Person Dining and Hair Salons and Barbershops May ReopenLabor & Employment Law Blog, 05.30.2020
- Los Angeles County Obtains Approval to Move Further into Stage 2; Restaurants May Resume In-Person Dining and Hair Salons and Barbershops May ReopenBusiness Law Journal, 05.30.2020
- County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health Issues Orders to Move the County into Stage 2 of California’s Pandemic Resilience RoadmapLabor & Employment Law Blog, 05.28.2020
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 04.08.2020
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 06.16.2015
Community & Professional
- California State Bar Association, Employment Law Section, Member
- Dana Point Yacht Club, Judge Advocate
- Orange County Bar Association, Employment Law Section, Member
- PIHRA South Orange County, Board Member