What Every Contractor Must Know About Mechanics Lien, Stop Notice and Bond Claims
Live Webinar – August 5, 2014 | 11:00AM
Learn the Most Effective Ways to Get Paid on Construction Projects
Join aalrr attorneys Mary Salamone & Anthony Niccolli for this AGC webinar essential to contractors who want to get paid for their work! We will instruct you how to effectively use mechanic’s liens, stop notices, and bonds to protect your right to payment.
This webinar will include the following topics:
- Properly preparing and serving preliminary notice
- Time limits and procedures for enforcing mechanics lien, stop notice and bond claims
- Overview of key legislative revisions to mechanics lien and stop notice statutes, including:
- Revised and recast statutory provisions
- “Notice of Mechanics Lien” form and service requirements
- New conditional and unconditional waiver and release forms
- Revised deadline for filing notices of completion
- Miller Act bond claims on federal projects
- Requirements and protections of prompt payment statutes
- Best practices and compliance with contractual requirements to ensure paymen
Fees: $99 for members and $129 non-members.