PIHRA ~District 4 - Managing Leaves of Absence
Join AALRR partner, Paul Fleck as he provides PIHRA District 4 members with a presentation focused on Managing Leaves of Absence. How would you manage pregnancy disability leaves or reduced schedules? What about employees with ongoing issues who are frequently on and off of leave? Add in workers’ compensation leaves, and you may want to pull your hair out.
Designed for mid-level to senior professionals, this workshop will help them coordinate both legally mandated and optional leaves of absence, under both California and federal legal guidelines.
Attendees will learn how to:
• Handle employee requests for time off
• Comply with both Federal (FMLA – Family and Medical Leave Act) and state (CFRA – California Family Rights Act) laws
• Manage the complicated nature of intermittent leave
• Understand and comply with laws governing paid and unpaid leaves of absence
• Distinguish between the different types of leaves, including pregnancy disability leave, military leave, workers’ compensation, family and medical leave, and more
• Take steps to curb FMLA/CFRA misuse and abuse