NBI National Business Institute - Human Resource Law from A to Z
Join aalrr attorney Maribel Hernandez as she participates during the upcoming NBI National Business Institute. She will provide her insights and experience during two sessions at the seminar (Leaves of Absence (Management Primer) and Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation). Details provided below:
A Comprehensive Overview of the Issues Affecting HR Departments
Get a handle on the complicated issues that arise in the day-to-day operations of any human resources department! This extensive two-day course covers all of the hot-button issues that every HR professional should know, not only to avoid lawsuits, but to ensure that all employees are happy and productive. Experienced faculty will show you how to handle such issues as employee leaves, problem behaviors in the workplace, and what essential information should be included in employee handbooks. Don't miss out on this crucial human resource information - enroll today!
- Learn the necessary disclaimers that every employee handbook must contain in order to avoid potential legal trouble.
- Recognize the many intricacies of the Fair Labor Standards Act, so that employers can stop problems before they happen.
- Find out how to properly manage employee requests for leave.
- Know what accommodations are considered reasonable when an injured worker returns to the workplace.
- Properly document and manage discrimination complaints to ensure that both employers and employees are properly protected in case of lawsuits.
- Effectively monitor employee communications and internet use in an ethical and legally compliant manner.
- Employment Law Update
- Legal Issues in Recruiting and Hiring
- Imperative Information That Every Employee Handbook Should Contain
- Wage and Benefits Issues
- Leaves of Absence (Management Primer)
- Controlling Unemployment Compensation Costs
- Current Issues in Human Resources
- Workers' Compensation Basics
- Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
- Workplace Behavioral Issues: Appropriately Handling Thorny Situations
- Workplace Privacy and Employee Monitoring
- Disciplining and Firing Employees
Click here for additional details.
Alex Van Roy
NBI Planning Department