Breakfast Briefing ~ Update on Recent Legislation and Case Law Affecting the Construction Industry
In 2012 and 2013, the legislature and courts will usher in significant changes that will impact all participants in the construction industry. It is essential that public entities, private owners, contractors and material suppliers become familiar with the changes being implemented to ensure their rights and remedies are being properly protected.
In this special briefing we will discuss the following topics:
• Revisions to mechanic’s lien and stop notice statutes
• Discussion of revised industry forms
• 5% limitation on retention
• Ban on Type 1 indemnification clauses
• Consequences for failure to comply with contract claim provisions
• Licensing of limited liability companies (LLCs)
• Project Labor Agreements and prevailing wage enforcement and violations
• And much more…
Join us for this complimentary informative session.
November 15, 2012
Cerritos Sheraton Hotel
12725 Center Court Dr., Cerritos, CA 90703
Registration/Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.
Program: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
RSVP by November 2; fax registration form to (562) 653-3333
or email to Jane Guesnon at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Jane Novotny Guesnon