AGC Webinar ~ Mechanics Lien Law
Join us for this AGC webinar essential to contractors who want to get paid for their work! We will instruct you on how to effectively use mechanics liens, stop notices, and bonds to protect your right to payment and discuss upcoming legislative changes to these laws.
This webinar will include discussion on properly preparing and serving preliminary notice, review time limit procedures for enforcing mechanics lien, stop notice and bond claims.
Revisions to the mechanics lien and stop notice statutes include:
• Completely revised and recast statutory provisions
• New “Notice of Mechanics Lien” form and service requirements
• New conditional and unconditional waiver and release forms
• Revised deadline for filing notices of completion
• New statutory terminology
• Miller Act bond claims on federal projects requirements
• Protections of prompt payment statutes