7 Things You Need to Know About Special Education Discipline
Virtual Training Information
All sessions are from 8:00-8:30 a.m.
March 1 –Overview of Special Education Discipline
- Why are there special protections?
- Overview of IDEA disciplinary framework
March 8 -Calculating Short-Term Removals
- The first 10 days
- More than 10 days
- What services are provided?
- In-school suspension
March 15 - What is a Change of Placement?
- Review definition
- More than 10 days/pattern of behavior
- Suspension pending expulsion
March 22 - Manifestation Determination Meetings – Part 1
- When must the meeting be held?
- Who attends?
- How do we prepare?
March 29 – Manifestation Determination Meetings – Part 2
- Answering the two questions
- What do we do if MD?
- What do we do if not MD?
April 5 – Are There any Special Circumstances?
- 45-school day IAES
April 19 - Basis of Knowledge
- What triggers a basis of knowledge?
- Requests for assessments
Who Should Attend:
- Assistant Superintendents of Educational Services
- Instructional Services Special Education
- Directors of Special Education and/or Student Services
- Special Education Coordinators
- Program Specialists
- Case Carriers
- School Site Administrators
- SELPA Personnel
$149 per person
Make checks and purchase orders payable to AALRR.
**Cancellations must be received in writing by 2/25/2022 to receive a refund. Refunds will not be issued after this date.
Missed sessions can be made up through granted access to the recorded session for a limited time.
Contact Keesha Clark at