Tien Le represents California school districts in education law matters. His experience in the field ranges from investigating complaints alleging violations of unlawful discrimination, harassment and intimidation, and unprofessional conduct, assisting with governance-related issues including Brown Act compliance, responses to Public Records Act requests, and assisting with employment and personnel matters, including employee discipline and classified and certificated layoffs. He also advises school districts regarding pupil issues, including free speech and searches and seizure. Additionally, Mr. Le is a member of AALRR's technology team and has advised school districts regarding the implementation of E-Sports in a K-12 setting, including advice and counsel regarding the development and adoption of E-Sports related policies, procedures, regulations, and best practices.
Mr. Le has extensive experience assisting districts with charter school matters, including the review of charter petitions and compliance with statutory oversight duties, the preparation of Findings of Fact to support the district’s denial of charter petitions, and the defense of the district’s non-renewal of a charter petition at the county and state levels.
News & Publications
Alerts & Articles
- Court Holds that Charter Renewal Petitions Denied by School Districts Must be “Supported by Evidence,” Finding also that Charter Schools Have a “Vested Right” Once Approved07.23.2019
- Inadvertent Disability Discrimination May Lurk in Hiring Software, Artificial Intelligence and AlgorithmsEdLawConnect Blog, 06.16.2022
Community & Professional
- Orange County Asian American Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Vietnamese American Bar Association of Southern California, Member