Scott Danforth represents California school districts, county offices of education, community college districts, and private businesses. His focus on education law includes employment, special education, premises liability, and negligence issues. He regularly litigates matters arising under the California Education Code, California Government Code, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other state and federal statutes. In addition, Mr. Danforth has litigated cases involving alleged copyright infringement, zoning ordinance violations, and contract disputes. He has been defending public entities in litigation matters, including appeals, since 2008.
Mr. Danforth also provides legal advice as general counsel for educational institutions and private business. His private business defense primarily focuses on employment law, involving the Fair Employment and Housing Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and California Labor Code.
During college, Mr. Danforth interned with the Public Defender’s Office, assisting in the criminal defense of juveniles. While in law school, he worked as an extern with the District Attorney’s Office, handling preliminary hearings of felony offenses and evidentiary issues.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Alerts & Articles
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Affirms Dismissal of Class Action Seeking Overbroad Relief for Remote Learning During Pandemic While Confirming Need To Exhaust Administrative Remedies08.30.2022
- Court of Appeal Rules That Trial Courts May Exercise Discretion to Deny Attorney Fee Awards in California Public Records Act Lawsuits Achieving Minimal or Insignificant Results05.02.2022
- California Department of Public Health Updates School Guidance to Account for Sports and Extra Curricular Activities08.07.2020
- California Supreme Court Holds Public Records Sent Through Private Email Accounts and Devices May Be Subject to Disclosure03.03.2017
Community & Professional
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member