James Palmer serves as the firm’s co-general counsel and is the former chair of the firm’s Commercial and Complex Litigation Practice Group. He has over 35 years of experience in all aspects of commercial litigation in both state and federal courts, including complex commercial litigation, wrongful termination (employee and employer), trade secret violations, discrimination, whistleblower, general business, franchise disputes, corporate and partnership disputes, workers’ compensation audits, real estate, creditor representation, construction, and lender liability. He is a successful trial attorney and possesses extensive litigation experience, with an emphasis on jury trials.
- Represented one of the largest paper manufacturers in the world in a complex commercial dispute.
- Attained a substantial jury verdict for construction client in breach of contract suit.
- Successfully opposed a lawsuit for specific performance for property owner.
- Obtained a judgment against employee who embezzled $2.5 million from employer.
- Successfully challenged state compensation insurance fund audits, saving clients over $2 million in premiums.
- Obtained multimillion-dollar arbitration award for medical group against large medical provider, based on breach of contract and fiduciary duty.
- Successfully defended numerous employers in employment litigation matters.
- Successfully represented hotel owner in a suit for breach of contract and fraud against its corporate manager.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Mr. Palmer has consulted with major corporations concerning methods of improving management and is a former business law and real estate instructor at Coastline Community College.
Alerts & Articles
Mr. Palmer is a frequent contributor to the firm's various publications.
Community & Professional
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member