Amber Solano is Chair of AALRR's Private Labor and Employment Practice Group, covering nine offices throughout California.
Ms. Solano is an accomplished litigator who represents employers in both the private and public sector in all areas of labor and employment law, including wrongful discharge, wage and hour (including class actions), discrimination/harassment, retaliation, leaves of absences, privacy, and the First Amendment. She handles matters in state and federal courts as well as before various administrative agencies. She has achieved remarkable results for clients in hearings, arbitrations, trials, and appeals.
Ms. Solano also counsels clients on a variety of employment issues, including employee discipline, wage and hour compliance, and adherence to federal and state family and medical leave laws. She regularly drafts employment agreements, employee pay plans, proprietary information agreements, employee handbooks, and other personnel policies.
Honors & Recognitions
Ms. Solano has been named a "Southern California Rising Star" every year since 2012 and was included in the list of “Top Women Attorneys in Southern California” by Super Lawyers, a national rating service of exceptional lawyers.
In 2013 and 2014, the Regional Chamber of Commerce, San Gabriel Valley recognized Ms. Solano with the Chairman’s Award for her efforts in educating its membership by providing monthly HR presentations.
- Obtained a defense verdict after the jury deliberated for less than two hours in a lawsuit alleging claims of sexual harassment.
- Obtained a nominal $5,000 settlement for a large grocery company in a lawsuit alleging claims for disability discrimination, failure to engage in the interactive process, failure to provide reasonable accommodation, retaliation, and wrongful termination.The settlement was obtained after seven days of trial and the cross-examination of Plaintiff.
- Obtained a defense arbitration award and an award of costs for a large grocery company in a lawsuit alleging claims for race discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Obtained a defense arbitration award and an award of costs for a large retail company in a lawsuit alleging claims of sexual harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
- Obtained summary judgment for a large construction company in a lawsuit alleging race and disability discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
- Obtained summary judgment for a public entity in a case alleging age discrimination and harassment.
- Obtained summary judgment for a public entity in an aggressively litigated case involving claims of associational discrimination and retaliation.
- Defeated claims brought on behalf of hundreds of bus operators seeking travel time between the locations where their shifts began and ended, at the trial court level and on appeal.
- Obtained dismissal of class claims asserted against a private vocational school, which resulted in a nominal settlement with the named plaintiffs.
- Defeated class certification on behalf of a large construction contractor in a lawsuit alleging claims for unpaid overtime, missed meal and rest periods, waiting time penalties, and unfair business practices.
- Defeated class certification on behalf of a landscaping company in a lawsuit alleging claims for missed meal and rest periods.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Ms. Solano is a sought-after presenter. She has provided training seminars and presentations to various entities and professional associations on topics such as: preventing discrimination, retaliation, and harassment; conducting disciplinary investigations; responding to EEOC and DFEH complaints; managing employee leaves; effectively navigating the interactive process and providing reasonable accommodation; wage and hour; and employee discipline.
Alerts & Articles
Ms. Solano oversees the firm’s publications for the Private Labor Employment Practice Group and co-chairs the firm’s annual Employment Law Conference.
- Failure to Comply with the EEOC’s Claim-filing Requirements May Not Bar Courts from Hearing Discrimination CasesEdLawConnect Blog, 06.12.2019
- Failure to Comply with the EEOC’s Claim-filing Requirements May Not Bar Courts from Hearing Discrimination CasesLabor & Employment Law Blog, 06.12.2019
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 03.08.2019
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 09.28.2015
- EdLawConnect Blog, 09.28.2015
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 02.05.2014
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 09.01.2011
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 12.11.2010
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 05.27.2010
Community & Professional
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
- Human Resources Association, North Orange County District, Board Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Regional Chamber of Commerce, San Gabriel Valley, Board Member
- Robert A. Banyard Inn of Court, Member