Join AALRR Attorney John Bakhit as he presents CPOA’s 2-day POST-Certified “Officer Involved Shooting - Supervisor & Management Responsibility” course at Rialto Police Department on February 27 & 28, 2024. This course covers the legal aspects and investigation of an Officer Involved Shooting, including critical incidents not related to the use of firearms. We will also discuss public perceptions, criminal/administrative investigations, case law, risk management issues, and dealing with the press and media.
John Bakhit is co-chair of AALRR’s Public Safety Team and served as an Oakland Police Officer prior to becoming an attorney. Additionally, John brings a unique perspective to the Firm’s clients since he represented public safety unions for over 15 years.
We look forward to seeing you at Riverside PD!
Other AALRR Blogs
- Cannabis Use - California’s Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (“POST”) Issues Bulletin on Legislative Changes Affecting Selection Standards
- AALRR Attorney Presenting 2-day POST-Certified OIS Investigations Course at Rialto PD
- AALRR Attorney Presenting 2-day POST-Certified OIS Investigations Course at Riverside PD
- Court of Appeal Further Clarifies POBR 1-Year Statute of Limitations
- California Court of Appeal Rules on Statute of Limitations Under POBRA
- AALRR Attorney Presenting Two-Day POST-Certified OIS Investigations Course