Tina Kannarr represents California public school and community college districts and county offices of education in all aspects of education, employment, and labor law. Her areas of experience include employee leave of absence and family leave issues, reasonable accommodation of employee disabilities, employment discrimination, classified employee layoffs, and public employee conflicts of interest.
News & Publications
Events & Speaking Engagements
Ms. Kannarr lectures extensively on all aspects of education and employment law. She has spoken at conferences and other events for the Association of Chief Human Resource Officers (ACHRO), the School Employers Association of California (SEAC), California School Boards Association (CSBA), California Association of School Business Officers (CASBO), and the Association of California School Administrators (ACSA).
- Santa Barbara County Education Office, 04.04.2018
Alerts & Articles
Ms. Kannarr is an editor and frequent contributor to the firm’s school law publications.
- EdLawConnect Blog, 01.05.2016
- Labor Commissioner Issues Opinion Letter Confirming 30 Hours of Paid Sick Leave Must Be Provided to Employees Who Regularly Work 10-Hour ShiftsEdLawConnect Blog, 09.08.2015
- Proposed Revisions to the California Family Rights Act Will Expand the Circumstances Under Which Employees Could Take Protected LeaveEdLawConnect Blog, 04.18.2012
Community & Professional
- American Bar Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member