Lauren Shelby regularly handles a wide range of business disputes and employment litigation, including litigation pertaining to breach of contract, wrongful termination, harassment, wage and hour, construction defect, and shareholder disputes. Ms. Shelby’s experience includes advising clients on employee separation and classification, managing construction defect consultants and experts, and handling discovery in state court and arbitration proceedings, including propounding and responding to discovery requests, preparing for depositions, and overseeing document collection, review, and productions with vendors and review teams. Ms. Shelby frequently researches a broad range of legal issues and drafts briefs, memoranda, and motions.
While in law school, Ms. Shelby worked as a Certified Law Student at UC Irvine School of Law’s Community and Economic Development Clinic, where she provided legal services for nonprofits, small businesses, and low-income housing projects. She additionally served as a Senior Style Editor and Staff Editor for UC Irvine’s Law Review and received the highest grade certification in her Contracts and Pre-trial Advocacy classes.
News & Publications
- Employers Must Ensure Unlimited Vacation Policies Are Truly Unlimited Otherwise They May Be On The Hook To Pay Out Vacation When Employment EndsLabor & Employment Law Blog, 04.07.2020
- Labor & Employment Law Blog, 03.12.2019
Community & Professional
- Orange County Bar Association, Business Litigation and Labor and Employment Member
- OCBA-Young Lawyers Division, Education Committee Member
- OCBA Mentor on Demand Committee
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Member
- Constitutional Rights Foundation-Orange County, Associate Board Director
- Public Law Center, Volunteers For Justice, Silent Auction Committee Member
- OC Women’s Lawyers Association, Member
- Young Professionals of Orange County, Director of Engagement